RXS100 headlight/dip

RXSrider
This post is 5801 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Mike here,

We put a new headlight bulb in the RXS100 project and the light works fine on full beam but illuminates to the right on dipped.(This is in a drive on the left country situation-UK) The sidelight is in the bottom part of the reflector and the bulb was put in as offset mounting showed correct. Surely it should dip to the left? Have I been sent foreign style (right dip) bulbs or am I missing something here?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my DT the headlamp body fits on a central peg at the top and is held tight by a central screw at the bottom, quite a good idea really as you just loosen it and swivel the lens assembly toward the kerbside the re tighten it, thats what i love about mine, full of clever little designs...shame the light's crap though!

could yours be the same?

Thanks but no! The surround is held by one screw on the lower offside. The bulb appears to fit only one way due to the siting of the lugs on the lampholder and the reflector. I'll have a good study at it over the weekend to see if I can suss it out.

Mike

On dip, the filament has a small mirror which only allows light to go to one side of the reflector. This then (on this bike) lights up only the right hand side of the road! (Should be the left hand side for UK)