Petcock Question - 86 FZ600

ExecutivePowerNap
This post is 5803 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So finally got the bike fixed but I haven't been able to figure out which position is which. Looking at it from the left hand side, the arrow in the 9 o'clock position is ON, right? Which is reserve - 7 o'clock or 10 o'clock? Both make my bike run like poo after a minute. Maybe the reserve setting bummed out?

Any help appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So finally got the bike fixed but I haven't been able to figure out which position is which. Looking at it from the left hand side, the arrow in the 9 o'clock position is ON, right? Which is reserve - 7 o'clock or 10 o'clock? Both make my bike run like poo after a minute. Maybe the reserve setting bummed out?

Any help appreciated!

if the petcock is the same as the 1986 yx600 and is vaccum actuated, make sure you are getting vacuum. also, will the bike run if the petcock is in between? if it will (this is the PRIME position) then the petcock has an issue with vacuum. good luck!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online