YBR125 backlight problem

adilxs
This post is 5810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just recently got a 07 ybr125. It seems the back light is not working, the one that should be on all the time.

The brake light is working fine.

Can anyone tell me which is the light that stays on all the time, as there are 2 lights at the back, the top one is brake so im guessing the bottom one should be on all the time.

Anyone know how to replace the bulb in the bottom one?

thanks,

adilxs

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The rear bulb is one and has double function. It lights for parking light and for brake light as well (it is a 2pole bulb).

If it does not light then it is probably burned.

You have to take off half of the bike to replace the bulb (sadle, back tail plastics and tail light glass).

Else you can force the tail plastics a litle bit so that the rear light glass can come off.

Then you can change thw bulb getting it out by pushing it in and turning it halfway to the left.

i just took the bulb out by unscrewing the tail light cover, seems likes one filament is broken!

thanks for the help.

the bulb is: p21/5w

Where would i get this from? Petrol stations or will I have to go to a bike shop?

thanks again.

i just took the bulb out by unscrewing the tail light cover, seems likes one filament is broken!

thanks for the help.

the bulb is: p21/5w

Where would i get this from? Petrol stations or will I have to go to a bike shop?

thanks again.

Assuming its a 12v bulb, you will get one from any car accessory shop, or bike shop or possibly as you said, petrol stn.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online