Exhaust Regulations?

Charlie28
This post is 5805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

If i was to install a new exhaust pipe on my yamaha YZF R125, would it make my insurence invalid?

Do you have to tell the insurence company that you have it? and how much does this put your insurence up by?

Cheers,

Charlie ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It shouldn't have an effect on your Warranty, as an exhaust is not likely to be the cause of any problems that a bike develops (quoted from my local Yam dealer). However you shuold tell your insurance that you've swapped the exhaust, if you need to claim on it they could use that as a reason not to pay out as you have modified the bike and not made them aware of the fact. Chances are it won't make any difference to the cost, but it's better to let them know.

If you're not sure, give them a call first and say you're thinking of changing it and ask if it would make a difference to the premium, they'll ask if it increases the power of the bike, which you can always say no that you know of I'm just doing it cos the original is ugly. Once you know what difference it makes you can make a decision.

Or if you write off your bike and are friendly with the owners of the bike shop its sitting in, waiting to be taken away, pop along and remove the blue flame exhausts with the stock ones...Not that I know anyone who did this :rolleyes:

And thanks for the warranty advice chris, wasn't too sure about swapping the cans on my yzf just incase it voided it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online