Just Bought A DT125R Need Help.....

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just bought a 52 plate yamaha DT125r but....

It Has:

* no rear mirrors....

*back indicators dont work (ill get them fixed, and they are not the original ones, but the front indicators work... maybe a cock up in the wiring...)

*speedo has been removed but i have it... and need to buy a speedo cable

*original headlights have been removed.... and aftermarket ones put in....

*DEP exhaust

is this bike road legal in the condition that its in ???

i know that i need to get the rear indicators fixed but apart from that can i drive without the original speedo and headlight?? and no rear mirrors???

i have a GPS Garmin 305 and a garmin Edge 605 GPS Speedometer which works for walking, cycling and motorbike... i could use this....

the seller told me that the bike is road legal but when it comes round to do the mot he puts on the speedo and the original headlights.... becasue you need to see milage and check if needles work and the front headlight needs to be original.... and made from glass...

is this true?

please lemme know asap...

P.S paid £1,200 for the 52 plate DT125R....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Considering the problems with it I think you paid a little too much for this, If I were paying that amount of money I would be expecting the bike to be in good condition with all the equipment functioning properly!

Right, having said that!

Its difficult to comment on the head lights, I expect the lights now fitted arent proper vehicle lights and will not give the right beam pattern, I think you should put back the original headlight ASAP, Mirrors are a benefit to the rider, I dont think they have to be fitted by law, but riding without any at all is madness and dangerous, so I reckon you should buy these also and a speedo cable, just get it all back to standard, i dont think your GPS speedo will be acceptable if a policeman pulls you over!!