RXS100 lights

RXSrider
This post is 5802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:D Sorry. Mike here and thanks for your reply! I can't seem to get the lights to work on the RXS without the engine running and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or missing a switch or whatever, or is that how they normally run?

:D Sorry. Mike here and thanks for your reply! I can't seem to get the lights to work on the RXS without the engine running and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or missing a switch or whatever, or is that how they normally run?

Hi Mike, Is that all lights including tail lights and instrument lights?? Dunno the specifics of your RXS but my DT headlamp needs the engine running as it is powered from the magneto but tail and(headlamp, pilot) and instrument lights work off the battery. does your horn work(or try to work) from the battery ok without the engine running?

I can light the parking lights when the key is in P position and bars locked to extreme left. Indicators work with ignition to on position but main beam and dip only work when the engine is running. Mike :mellow:

I can light the parking lights when the key is in P position and bars locked to extreme left. Indicators work with ignition to on position but main beam and dip only work when the engine is running. Mike :mellow:

Yep thats exactly the same set up as mine, you will also have a pilot light in your headlamp that doesnt need the engine running. The headlamp main and dipped are running from the magneto.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. :D

oldgitonabike was right, my RXS does the same.

SAme here, DT Lights are AC powered from the engine wheras brake lights and indicators are powered from the battery, no doubt the same for your RXS.

welcome to the madhouse, what size straite jacket do you want? :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online