Is xs360 "compatible" centre stands available somewhere?

termtheworm
This post is 5808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I must've flipped the wrong driver "the bird" - probably a mr. Murphy, 'cause I just found out, that

my centre stand have quit. Rust. Wiggled the lever a bit and.. it came off. :unsure:

I've yet to come across a dealer, who even lists the part number and the company who sold it to

"CF" back i '78 told me they'd tossed all the '360 spares a few days ago. :o

Any help would be highly appreciated - I don't care if it's OEM, aftermarket, "bamboo" or whatnot - the side

stand doesn't look like it's up to do the long-term service, it's never been intended to do.

Kind regards

Per Termark

XS360 (1U4)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I found me an XS400 center stand on egay that fit my bike. There's usually a few of them around on there. I think most are compatable, but I'd ask them for some basic dimensions if I was you.

Wiggled the lever a bit and.. it came off.

Hey I wonder if this is another common fault with the 360. When I got my 360 the foot portion of the lever was snapped off. There is just a little stub extending from the stand leg. It's quite an act getting the bike onto the center stand with just your toe holding that little stub.

Hey I wonder if this is another common fault with the 360. When I got my 360 the foot portion of the lever was snapped off. There is just a little stub extending from the stand leg. It's quite an act getting the bike onto the center stand with just your toe holding that little stub.

When I looked at the piece that came off, part of the surface that should have been either grey or rusty, looked like

it had never been attached to anything - so You might be right.

Drewpy posted a "part pusher"-link, that I'm gonna look into, although this very evening, my step-dadinlaw (wussname?) offered to

weld mine (I haven't got a welder - yet!). - I know from experience that the repair, when done correctly, will often outlast the original, so, if

You have any way to get someone to weld a new lever onto the stub, get it done - it'll probably cost You a fraction of the price of a new one.

Cheers,

Per Termark

Yeah that is my plan to get a lever fabricated and welded. I need to also make up some brackets to mount two small cases, so when it is time to weld those, I'll get my welder to fix the center stand.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online