Heated Grips and Upgrading Headlight on XT125R

bexman
This post is 5732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Two questions really, my 57 plate XT125R is serving me well but as I commute daily on it all year round I'd like to get some of those toasty heated grips! Am I right in thinking the XT125 will have a smaller battery and might not cope with them?

So anybody fitted them and also what make/model is recommended?

Second question, as many people have commented on here, the headlight is pants. Is it upgradable to one of these hid type things? Or again am I risking the battery going 'I've had enough, I cant do this anymore!' ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oxford heated grips are the only way to go.

They do not drain your battery even if you accidentally leave them on. They have a cut off switch so will go off on their own.

You can get them on Evilbay for about 35 quid. I had them on my CBR and they were fookin excellent, especially on the freezing winter mornings.

As for the headlight - cant help you there but i am sure soemone with a bit more knowledge about your make of bike will be along shortly to answer your question.

Oxford heated grips are the only way to go.

.....they were fookin excellent, especially on the freezing winter mornings.

Yip. Second that.

Got 'em on my Fazer and the TTR

Heated Grips are OK.

They only warm the surfaces that touch, though and they reverse the waterproof action on GoreTex gloves.

Make sure you wear warm gloves, even when using the Grips.

Also - Wire them into a switched live, NOT directly to the battery. The auto-off is not on all models and can still fail. Last thing you want is to be stranded somewhere with a flat battery in the freezing cold!!!

hello bud,

i have fitted oxford heated grips on my fazer thou and they are the mutts nutts!!

i am in the autoelectrical business and would definatly reccommend wiring them upto an ignition supply.(they only draw about 2 amps-fookall really!).

As for the Hid head light---go for it.they are a huge improvment to normal halogen bulbs and don't use a great deal of power once they are fired up.

But if you are short of cash try a really good Halogen bulb like a PIAA(i used to do some work for them and there is nothing superior out there!).

hope this helps.

Tandy

Two questions really, my 57 plate XT125R is serving me well but as I commute daily on it all year round I'd like to get some of those toasty heated grips! Am I right in thinking the XT125 will have a smaller battery and might not cope with them?

So anybody fitted them and also what make/model is recommended?

Second question, as many people have commented on here, the headlight is pants. Is it upgradable to one of these hid type things? Or again am I risking the battery going 'I've had enough, I cant do this anymore!' ?