OH SHIT :!: BIG £££££

JonRisby
This post is 7359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oh SHIT

was out today at lunch time and my chain came off the rear sprocket.... BANG...... it wrapped itself round the front sprocket and it has broken a bit of my engine casing :( where the clutch arm goes in to gear box.... there thats little bit of casting rite above the sprocket.... it gone, ive been up and down the road trying to find it but no such luck....

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Better break out the JB Weld there Jon :shock:

& maybe start scouring the local breakers for another sidecase :(

This is a Chain-Driven Bikers' worst nightmare!........happened to me once, but I was oh soooo lucky as my chain just spit straight out the back........felt like I missed a shift, when I went for another gear--then I realized that something was missing here :!: :D

The best of luck with it Jon :wink:

yea, ive snapped 3 chains in the last month or so, the first time it chipped 3 teeth on my front sprocket. but i didnt realise, only 2 more chains snapping later i did. the last on i snapped though took out my rear chain tentioner, the front chian gaurd, and a bit of the rear chain gaurd :S but my m8s been much worse off, ill upload something that happend to his when i put it on comp in a bit

yea im all set, i found the tent so we can use that if need be, its bloody huge so itll do :D u got like a tourch or nehting? cus its not an easy tent to put up!

[email protected] is me msn email.

damaged%20sprocket1.JPG

Damaged%20sprocket%202.JPG

damaged%20sprocket3.JPG

its somehow shatted every single one of the brackets holding on his sprockets, for no apprent reason at all, the bike is still standard as ever, its a myth to us and he cant afford to buy a whole new wheel. plus if that fucked anymore he could easyily have been killed if it locked etc :s

jon ring jerry my freind that bought your tdr he will probablly have one of them

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online