Any specs. for replacement bolts/fasteners for xs360 caliper?

termtheworm
This post is 5808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

hope one of You gals/guys can help.

The What:

Bolts for securing the caliper to the front fork:

M10x35, pitch 1.25. But no specs regarding strength or material. -Oh, theres a mark

on the top: "9" (or "6" - if You prefer). :-/

I've found a lot of offers on the net, but most seem undocumented, when it comes to

decide, whether it's suitably strong or not. I simply don't know enough.

The Why (You can skip this, unless You /really/ want to know, how I made a complete

arse of myself - and maybe nearly turned myself into pulp):

The day after a (successfull, albeit late!) swap of the front fork oil seals, I went my

merry way to work and back. On the way back, doing 70 mph, something hit my shin,

then sommersaulted up and away. I thought some unfriendly thoughts about people with

trailers, that fail to secure their load. I reached home - and found out I must have forgotten

to fasten the bolts, that fix the front caliper to the fork. The remaining one could be pulled

out by hand. 'nuff said.

That's all folks!

Per Termark,

Herfølge,

Denmark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you can either get one from Mr yamaha, (for the 9 or 6) or go to local shop and buy a normal high tensile steel bolt.

people use stainless which is not as ductile (ie the threads don't stretch as much to hold the part on)

Hi drewpy,

thanks for taking the time.

>you can either get one from Mr yamaha, (for the 9 or 6) or go to local shop and buy a normal high tensile steel bolt.

I guess that refers to the site(s) mrcycles.com/mryamahaparts.com? -Never heard of the guy, but I didn't find anything

there - though I'm sure it might be there, if I only knew what to look for! *G*

As to the local shop: Hardware-shops are scarce here-abouts - they're run out of business by huge

DIY-stores, whose philosophy seems to be "One bolt fits all". No 1.25 pitch bolts there - I checked. <_<

Apart from that, all the good stuff (documentation-wise) is written in either english/german - possibly french -

and although I'm not completely illiterate, my native language is Danish. And so is that of the guys in the DIYs,

so asking for "high tensile steel" might be pushing it. -Or the steel-savy employee might ask me

"Would that be by the A4 (VA4), 8.8 or perhaps a 9.4 grade ISO/DIN standard, sir?" and I'd go: "No habla Metallurgy, senõr".

Well, we've got a friend, who's an auto-mechanic who _just_ might have a likely part - if not, I'm of to the

"tasty nuts"-site - this one looks like it might do the job.

(How did they come up with that site-name?).

>people use stainless which is not as ductile (ie the threads don't stretch as much to hold the part on)

"No habla Metallurgy, senõr". This stuff's got a learning curve like linux. Steep. And I suffer from vertigo.

Enough ranting for now. Again, Thanks for taking the time.

Per Termark

sorry, I meant a local yamaha dealer.

try here

www.cmsnl.com dutch site mail order

you can also try some rd aircooled online shops as some early rd had the same caliper.

Sr 250 and Sr500's also have the same caliper.

try german ebay shops (www.ebay.de) and use google online translator to decipher what is being said or look at the pictures!!

Hi,

>sorry, I meant a local yamaha dealer.

I called one of the most well-established Yamaha-dealers (I work in the capital, Copenhagen), but

without a partnumber he couldn't do anything, apart from rummaging through used parts in a box. :(

And - he let it slip, that he's got no way to crossreference.

>www.cmsnl.com dutch site mail order

Yup - found it half an hour before I noticed Your post - after way to many hours sifting through

no-good'ers. Seems an excellent site. :thumb:

>you can also try some rd aircooled online shops as some early rd had the same caliper.

>Sr 250 and Sr500's also have the same caliper.

Excellent tip! Did anyone compile such knowledge in one place? If so, I'd be happy to provide some

space for a mirror - if not, I think I might better start using some of those dearly bought, never used,

gigabytes. :icon_wink:

>try german ebay shops (www.ebay.de) and use google online translator to decipher what is being

>said or look at the pictures!!

It's mostly part-names that defers(?) my knowledge of german, but I actually came across a (possibly

discontinued) german site, with a german<->english partlist; "Hauptstäender" = "Centre stand".

If anyone want it, I'll dig it out again. If so, would there be any place in particular to post it?

Tchüss,

Per Termark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online