Tzr Engine Timing Help???

Alex92
This post is 5811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i've got a 05 tzr 50 and as you may know it had a waterpump problem which i have now sorted. Whilst i was trying to fix it i unscrewed the flywheel (i read the manual wrong) and since then i have no spark. There is a timing notch on the flywheel itself Flywheel.jpg but there is nowhere that i can see where to line it up with on the outer case :blink:

I have no spark what so ever and this is the only possible reason as it was fine before i fiddled about with it. I have an old neon lunar timing light that i was going to use for static timing but i cant find in the user manual or the service manual or anywhere at all what the tdc angle is or anything. Could anybody please help me out here as i have to book the bike in for its mot within the week. Thanks guys :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, i've got a 05 tzr 50 and as you may know it had a waterpump problem which i have now sorted. Whilst i was trying to fix it i unscrewed the flywheel (i read the manual wrong) and since then i have no spark. There is a timing notch on the flywheel itself Flywheel.jpg but there is nowhere that i can see where to line it up with on the outer case :blink:

I have no spark what so ever and this is the only possible reason as it was fine before i fiddled about with it. I have an old neon lunar timing light that i was going to use for static timing but i cant find in the user manual or the service manual or anywhere at all what the tdc angle is or anything. Could anybody please help me out here as i have to book the bike in for its mot within the week. Thanks guys :D

hi alex did u put woodruff key back in the crankshaft b4 fitting the wheel and did u make sure everything was reconnected b4 refitting flywheel if so take sparkplug out slide phillips s driver in hole when piston is on top dead screwdriver will tell u by nearly falling out and with regards to f wheel u should find a raised dot or a groved line between 2 of f wheel teeth which should tell u it on td with the notch to the right of your top bolt hole where u got raised noth which looks like pipe housing hoping this has helped u

hi alex did u put woodruff key back in the crankshaft b4 fitting the wheel and did u make sure everything was reconnected b4 refitting flywheel if so take sparkplug out slide phillips s driver in hole when piston is on top dead screwdriver will tell u by nearly falling out and with regards to f wheel u should find a raised dot or a groved line between 2 of f wheel teeth which should tell u it on td with the notch to the right of your top bolt hole where u got raised noth which looks like pipe housing hoping this has helped u

Hi i didnt take off the flywheel, all i took off was the nut in the center of the flywheel (photo is the furthest i got taking it apart) and turned the flywheel a bit. My problem is that i dont know how to set the flywheel in a certain position (locking it?) and where to line the notch with. There is a rectangle ish sort of piece on the bottom left side of the flywheel cover where there are some marks (small dot and a line i think). Could somebody tell me what I need to do step-by-step from the beginning please if you can? Thanks guys

Hi i didnt take off the flywheel, all i took off was the nut in the center of the flywheel (photo is the furthest i got taking it apart) and turned the flywheel a bit. My problem is that i dont know how to set the flywheel in a certain position (locking it?) and where to line the notch with. There is a rectangle ish sort of piece on the bottom left side of the flywheel cover where there are some marks (small dot and a line i think). Could somebody tell me what I need to do step-by-step from the beginning please if you can? Thanks guys

With the nut off, the flywheel should be still fixed in the correct place because there will be a keyway holding it fixed on the shaft. You would need a puller to get it off the shaft so removing the nut would not have caused this problem. put the nut back on its not that thats the problem!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online