SR125 Help

stevie16v
This post is 5810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought an SR 125. It needs a little bit of work, SO went to remove the exhaust, The blot at the back of the bike, just below the foot peg has rounded so it aint coming off. Anyone got any hints on how to remove it?

Also, before i bought it, one of the bolts which mounts the exhaust into the manifold also sheered so it looks like i need to drill it out, any advice on it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Steve, post some pics of the problems!

Will do when i get a chance. Bike is down at my mates garage. I've had a think and it looks lik i'll need to take off the rear wheel and shocks and use an angle grinder to take it off. As for the front that has sheered its looking like drilling it!

But i'll get pics up asap!

Anyone got any hints on how to remove it?

If you have one tool in your box (Oh 'er missus) then it has to be one of these, they hold anything and are especially good at getting hoold of rounded bolts. In fact they will hold anything, wet, dry, greasy, oily, rusty - as long as it's hard basically.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...396fc86ffdd9c87

Best £20 you'll ever spend!

If you have one tool in your box (Oh 'er missus) then it has to be one of these, they hold anything and are especially good at getting hoold of rounded bolts. In fact they will hold anything, wet, dry, greasy, oily, rusty - as long as it's hard basically.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...396fc86ffdd9c87

Best £20 you'll ever spend!

They look a good bit of kit. Think i'll be investing in them!

They look a good bit of kit. Think i'll be investing in them!

i'd just weld on a large nut on both problems and the heat and extra leverage quickly undo's them. if you have a welder its free as well!!

i'd just weld on a large nut on both problems and the heat and extra leverage quickly undo's them. if you have a welder its free as well!!

Well spent all morning and i now have the bike stripped down to wear i need it. unfortunately found out i need a new exhaust aswell! more money! however, doesnt seem like too hard a bike to work on. Happy enough :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online