new owner

nickg12
This post is 5813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when i go to start it i get alot of fuel coming out of the carb through the air filters

Sounds like your carbs are flooding, first check your petcock is working properly, if its a vacuum operated one and you pull off the gas feed pipe from the carb then it should not keep running out of the pipe unless you switch to prime position. its always best to know this is working because if your carb needle valve is leaking as well, serious damage can result from a combination of leaking petcock and leaking carb float needle.

It looks as if one or more of your carbs are overflowing so you should check the float needle valves are clean and not worn, if they are damaged you will need to replace them.

thanks a lot.. i'll let you know how things turn out

Sounds like your carbs are flooding, first check your petcock is working properly, if its a vacuum operated one and you pull off the gas feed pipe from the carb then it should not keep running out of the pipe unless you switch to prime position. its always best to know this is working because if your carb needle valve is leaking as well, serious damage can result from a combination of leaking petcock and leaking carb float needle.

It looks as if one or more of your carbs are overflowing so you should check the float needle valves are clean and not worn, if they are damaged you will need to replace them.