MPG

DJ Rusty
This post is 5813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, getting used to my new fz2 600, loving it, can any one tell me what i should be getting to the full tank? Petrol here is 98p a litre, it takes about £15 to fill it up, so what should i be getting , in miles to that? Im still running in, 350 miles. Any one got any info on it please? :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your Owners' Manual will maybe tell you what the actual range is.

You have a tank that holds 19.4 litres, or 5.13 gallons.

Divide the first by the second to get the full tank MPG.

Then subtract the reserve capacity and compare to the distance you get by the time you hit reserve.

Allow a lower MPG if you do a lot of town riding or if you rag it a lot.

If you don't have the actual range, assume at least 120 miles before hitting reserve as most big bikes will do that as a minumum.

HTH,

Woody.

Ok, getting used to my new fz2 600, loving it, can any one tell me what i should be getting to the full tank? Petrol here is 98p a litre, it takes about £15 to fill it up, so what should i be getting , in miles to that? Im still running in, 350 miles. Any one got any info on it please? :rolleyes:

Hi mate,

get around 170 on a run before it hits reserve. Knocking around town usually get about 150.

The last time i worked the mileage out I was getting 53 to the gallon on a run.

I don't bother with MPG on my bikes i get enough of it at work in the truck and running a range rover V8 but i know i get a lot more to the gallon now than i did in june :lol:

FYI at the TT in 2000 i managed to get my GSX down to low 20's to the gallon cos we couldnt get 2 laps in on a tank, and knackerd a back tyre ( from new to knackerd in under 7 days, wore the edges through to the carcas ), happy times...

My 57 plate FZ6 S2 Fazer now has 3400 miles on the clock. Generally it gets used for the 27 mile run to work across a mix of B roads and motorway at sensible speeds. I'm averaging just over 57 miles to the gallon which gives a maximum theoretical range of 245 miles. I've normally bottled it with 225 on the trip and filled up then.

If you do more traffic bound riding then you will get less to the gallon.

To work out what your normal riding returns to the gallon:

(miles/litres) x 4.546 = mpg

mpg x 4 gives you you range with a drop to spare (50 mpg = 200 mile range, 55 = 220 etc).

and then assess what level of reserve you feel comfortable with. My fuel countdown comes on a bit early about 185 miles (about 14.75 litres used) giving me plenty of warning of the need to stop. By the way 19.4 litres is 4.27 UK gallons; the 5.13 galllons suggested by Ttaskmaster is US gallons - about the only thing over there that is smaller than in the UK! ;)

My 57 plate FZ6 S2 Fazer now has 3400 miles on the clock. Generally it gets used for the 27 mile run to work across a mix of B roads and motorway at sensible speeds. I'm averaging just over 57 miles to the gallon which gives a maximum theoretical range of 245 miles. I've normally bottled it with 225 on the trip and filled up then.

If you do more traffic bound riding then you will get less to the gallon.

To work out what your normal riding returns to the gallon:

(miles/litres) x 4.546 = mpg

mpg x 4 gives you you range with a drop to spare (50 mpg = 200 mile range, 55 = 220 etc).

and then assess what level of reserve you feel comfortable with. My fuel countdown comes on a bit early about 185 miles (about 14.75 litres used) giving me plenty of warning of the need to stop. By the way 19.4 litres is 4.27 UK gallons; the 5.13 galllons suggested by Ttaskmaster is US gallons - about the only thing over there that is smaller than in the UK! ;)

Right cheers for the replies there guys. Just had a look now, im on 122 miles and my last bar on the fuel gauge is showing, not flashing...yet? so is this right. At the moment as i said, running it in, aint been over 5k revs, and only been on a and b roads so far. any coments then on the latter?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online