Anyone Have this Jacket?

Charlie28
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's 100% Polyester, mate.

It's for fashion only, as far as I can make out.

It may keep you waterproof, but that's it.

Might as well ride naked, for all the protection it offers!!!

Sorry.

Hmm i thought so myself but thought i would make sure ;)

Does anyone recomend any jackets that would offer good protection and are under £200?

Cheers,

Charlie

Hein Gericke do a good range, have a look at their website, also got a store locator on their if you want try stuff (which I prefer to do).

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/

Frank Thomas do thick leather jackets with full armour in.

I have a nice Cruiser style one (forget the name) and the Tourino jacket, both of which retail at around £180.

Hein Gericke do a good range, have a look at their website, also got a store locator on their if you want try stuff (which I prefer to do).

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/

I'll second that,

Can't really go wrong with this kit

Best thing to do is go into the shop and look around. There is a trade off between protection and comfort (IE warm and dry) when deciding between leather and textile, personally, I live by the "if I'm cold and wet aI'm going to make mistakes" rule, I therefore ride with textile clothing - but it's a personal choice, you can increase the effectivness of the protection by making sure it's fitted nice and snugg, so that it doesn't move when you hugg the ground!!

Can't really go wrong with this kit

With all due respect, HG kit is sometimes absolute shite.

They have very good customer service and will happily (even pleasantly) replace defective kit and usually without argument. But people do sometimes find defects, most notably poor stitching. I myself bought some rather nice gloves, only to find them coming undone!!

Be sure to check the stuff thoroughly and make sure you get some good stuff.

The good stuff is indeed very good. The shite stuff is...... well, absolute shite.

With all due respect,

We only (each one of us) find through our own experiences - I've had Frank Thomas, Belstaff, and some other lesser know stuff, every one of the others has let me down in it's functionality and quality, Shame really as I like to fly the flag and buy British where I can.

I think quality is only as good as the guy/girl who puts it together so you take your chances with anything really.

So, functionally-wise, covering 20,000 <bike> miles a year, I'm sticking with HG as my reccomendation, with respect of course :)

Oh, there are good and bad in most manufacturers.

I just hear a lot more HG quibbles than the others.

I still buy a lot of HG products anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got RST gloves and jacket and they looked after me well enough when I had a spill.

The jacket i've got has teh same kind of season-changeability, it's got separate insulating and waterproof linings, I persoanlly just ride without insulating though as without the waterproof the jacket isnt windproof either and taht gets bloody cold even at only 50mph!! lol

The jacket cost less than £100 btw, I got some discount cos i got it from teh same place as my bike :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online