1977 DT250 On The Road

Runningdog
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After picking at this project all summer, finally had the vehicle inspection this Saturday (passed, no issues). (Thanks to all for input for various and sundry parts).

While the the bike was on the trailer, ran by the insurance agent and got the bike registered and insured (6 months). Back home, put the plate on, added abit more gas, and fired her up...ran fine for 4 kilometres, enough to get me down to the bottom of the mountain, pulled in clutch to shift down for a sharp corner....cable broke!!!

On the cell to a neighbour, he came in his pickup, and we got the bike back home.

Clutch cable was the only control I did'nt change, as the cable was replaced shortly before I bought the bike from a neighbour..darn thing broke cleanly right at the furrel, no kinks, no fraying. At least the cable is still available from Yamaha.

Close......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Always nice to see one of the old DT's up and running again.... :thumb:

I will second that. Good job!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online