Immobiliser

nucmoto
This post is 5661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear friends,

I crashed with my motorcycle (Yamaha fazer FZS 600 2005) and the instruments panel and the immobiliser were broken, which means that that the engine wont start.

the cost of a new immobiliser is too expensive and therefore I am looking for a way to cancel or over ride it in some way.

I will appreciate any help to overcome the immobilser problem that I have, any good idea???

thanks in advance.

:unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In basic terms, the Immobiliser breaks key circuits in your wiring and acts as a switch between the breaks.

You'd have to cut the Immob out and re-connect the wires that are 'broken'.

As for how, that depends on how/where it was patched in, the wiring of your bike etc.

If you have no/limited electrical experience, get someone who knows what they are doing!!

In basic terms, the Immobiliser breaks key circuits in your wiring and acts as a switch between the breaks.

You'd have to cut the Immob out and re-connect the wires that are 'broken'.

As for how, that depends on how/where it was patched in, the wiring of your bike etc.

If you have no/limited electrical experience, get someone who knows what they are doing!!

This is exactly what I am looking for, "someone who knows what they are doing", I am ready to send my ECU and Immobilser to someone, if he can cut out the Immob from the ECU.

If you're confident and have a wiring diagram, you might be able to re-connect the wires yourself.

However, no-one here can really tell you how to do it.

You need someone to physically see how and where the Immob has been installed, as there are a fair few possibilities.

I'd know what to advise if you were in the UK, but since you're overseas, the best I can suggest is make friends with a mechanic.

If you're confident and have a wiring diagram, you might be able to re-connect the wires yourself.

However, no-one here can really tell you how to do it.

You need someone to physically see how and where the Immob has been installed, as there are a fair few possibilities.

I'd know what to advise if you were in the UK, but since you're overseas, the best I can suggest is make friends with a mechanic.

I do have a mechanic which is a friend of mine and some others, but they dont know how to deal with it.

Find a better one.

Basically, the circuit will be broken somewhere around the starter motor, ignition, fuel pump or similar essential operating system. It will also be earthed somewhere.

It will probably have a connection to a switched live as well and will likely have been wired into the Wiring Loom, so you'll probably need to open that up. I'm guessing there's a connection to a permanent live too.

When you switch the Immob off, it makes the connections. When you switch it on, it breaks those connections and thus immobilises the bike.

Identify the Immobiliser unit and track all wires, figure out what they're interrupting and re-connect.

If you can get the Workshop Service Manual for your model of bike, that should at least help identify the components by appearance, plus it will include a wiring diagram.

Basically, anything not shown in the manual (assuming your electrical system is otherwise unmodded) is likely to be part of the Immob system.

This is why it's usually best left to a professional.

Check also that it's definitely a broken immobiliser and not some other circuit system that's damaged.

I had a similar immobiliser problem and was faced with big bills. I found the cheapest option was simple I phoned a company called track electronicks on 07776241421.

They can sell you a new ECU without the yiis immobiliser allready chipped, just plug in and go with no immobiliser issues.

I had a similar immobiliser problem and was faced with big bills. I found the cheapest option was simple I phoned a company called track electronicks on 07776241421.

They can sell you a new ECU without the yiis immobiliser allready chipped, just plug in and go with no immobiliser issues.

Great, are they in UK? how much is the unchipped ECU? could you please send the link for their website?