Advice please

adi750crow
This post is 5835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could any one out there ,tell me how to restore cast aluminium back to its origanal look, i am restoring an old yam.

I have been told to get the parts vapour blasted does anyone know? or is there any other method.

If you want them to shine get you a bench polisher. If you are talking about heads and cylinders blast them with glass beads or baking soda.

If you want them to shine get you a bench polisher. If you are talking about heads and cylinders blast them with glass beads or baking soda.

ideally i would like them to look as close to origanal as poss, so polish is out ,does the baking soda leave them smooth ?

ideally i would like them to look as close to origanal as poss, so polish is out ,does the baking soda leave them smooth ?

The more you polish the more they shine ,you don't have to make them look like chrome, The baking soda leaves a smoother finish than glass beads.