Windshield help for an XVS650 DragStar Classic

r_blake_lawson
This post is 5739 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys / Girls,

I've just been given a screen that a friend had on his Intruder, but the simpleton sold the bike with the brackets! He's now travelling the world and I'm left wondering how to attach said screen to my 04 XVS650 Dragstar Classic.

It has Renegade Styling on a small sticker on the glass but other than that I know nothing about it. It’s your standard cruiser style big windshield and only has two holes on plates pointing backwards on either side.

Is there a universal fitting fit you can buy or should I cut my losses and just buy a whole new screen?

ANY help would be welcome guys / girls – Planning on doing more long distance riding and the screen sure would help!!

Thanks,

Richard

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You should be able to find a fitting kit.

Possibly not just the kit by itself, unless you get one of eBay or something.

If it doesn't fit as is, then with careful drilling (use masking tape to help prevent cracking and splintering) you should be able to make it fit.

Do check prices of parts first, though.

It may be more cost-effective to just get a whole new set-up.

Thanks for getting back to me. My first posting so your help is really appreciated!

I don’t seem to be able to find a fitting kit anywhere though! And as there is only a short plate with two wholes coming out the back of the screen I wouldn’t know where I could drill and screw it to..?

Post a piccie of it. I have a genuine Yamaha fixing bracket for a windshield - my bike came with that and no fookin windshield! Mine is a 2003 Classic

I now have a windshield on with a different bracket so.......