engine oil light

mop head 91
This post is 5811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys and girls i have recently brought a yamaha dt 125x sm and its absolutly great. but the other day the engine oil light came on so when i got home i found out what oil i needed got it and put some in and the light still shows up and i can see through the window in the engine that there is sufficent oil in there and i cant work out why the light stays on when i am riding ?

it sometimes dims off when i am going slow if thats any relevence ?

if anyone could help that would be great

thanks alot lewis :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey guys and girls i have recently brought a yamaha dt 125x sm and its absolutly great. but the other day the engine oil light came on so when i got home i found out what oil i needed got it and put some in and the light still shows up and i can see through the window in the engine that there is sufficent oil in there and i cant work out why the light stays on when i am riding ?

it sometimes dims off when i am going slow if thats any relevence ?

if anyone could help that would be great

thanks alot lewis :)

Hi mop head, not familiar with your specific bike, but is that light telling you to put some two stroke oil in the tank, ...I think so.

And if you have been topping up the gearbox oil make sure it is only half way in the window or it will be over full!!

yeh the light is to tell me that i need to put some oil in the actual engine witch i have done and teh light has stayed on thats what i dont get ???????????????????????????

I dont get it either, its a rwo stroke motor, the warning lamp on these is usually to say put some two stroke oil in the oil tank behind the side panel. I didnt know they had a light to say put oil in the engine! seems a bit daft to me as its only there to lube the gearbox and doesnt actually get used up, Unlike the two stroke oil which does get used up. I suggest you read your owners manual.

Think you might have been toping up your gearbox like oldgit said.

Only lights up for 2 - stroke mate, red light next to the green nutral light.

Left hand side next to the back seat, take off the panel and top her up with the finest 2 - stroke you can afford.

Its like crack rock for little bikes, the wee things just cant get enough. :D:D:D:D

Think you might have been toping up your gearbox like oldgit said.

Only lights up for 2 - stroke mate, red light next to the green nutral light.

Left hand side next to the back seat, take off the panel and top her up with the finest 2 - stroke you can afford.

Its like crack rock for little bikes, the wee things just cant get enough. :D:D:D:D

ha ha i seem like such an idiot now for posting on here when thats the reason lol yeh i looked back in my manual and i saw where i made the mistake reading it so yeh thanks for that guys :)

ha ha i seem like such an idiot now for posting on here when thats the reason lol yeh i looked back in my manual and i saw where i made the mistake reading it so yeh thanks for that guys :)

No problemo mr mop, make sure your gearbox isnt over full now though!