Importing R1

Bonzai
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone advise on importing an R1, I am considering doing so fo next season.

Is it worth doing? best places to buy from, costs involved and what mod will have to be done to make it UK legal.

Appreciate any advise. Cheers :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

why not just buy one in the uk?

if u need help with dealers and are in the west lothian area, chuck me a pm ;)

Yes your right dealers down south i.e. Taz in Peterborough are doing 08 R1 for £6999 they are imports, I would wait untill about January / February and check out the dealers with nearly new ones (The new 09 R1 will be out then) so loads of trade ins with a few mls on and steel a nearly new one owner low mls all the extra's already fitted ect....

Back to your question about importing I have a mate who buys Blackbirds in the box he drives down to a dealer picks it up and puts it all together himself oil, water etc.... not sure how much he saves but you got to think about warrenty stuff and resale value

Good luck what ever you do the R1 is a blistering piece of kit

Cheers Square Box

Cheers square box,

I also thought about the trade-ins with the new R1 coming out, it's better that someone else has had too run it in and paid the initial servicing costs.

DKMotorcycles are also doing the 08's for £6999 and maybe next year they could knock off another £500.

Cheers