A little confused.............

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i will be doing my CBT on the 2nd of november and i was wondering once i have the cbt i can obviously ride a 125cc motorbike.... but can i drive on the motorway on a 125cc with L plates???

also i have a full uk car license ...... so i think i should be able to ride on motorway but my friend says i might not be able to go on the motorway with just the cbt and L plates..... so im confused.... :blink:

also i want to take the A2 exam with restricst me from riding a 125cc for 2 years then i can ride anything......

but are there any special requirements for this?????? to do the A2 exam???? i am 19 years old and i have a full car license... LOL

when i book on the DSA website can i just select A2 "Standard Motorcycle Test" or do i have to do A1 first ... how does it work????

really sorry if this is a stupid question but im just completly confused... LOL and i thought that maybe i could get some professional , experianced assistance here... LOL

p.s ive moved this post to the bar but i cant seem to find out how to delete this post.... lol....

but please feel free to answer the post.,.... thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am not an expert but as far as I can recall you cant drive on the motorway with L plates at all. The fact that you have a full car licenice does not change this. Also the A2 test restricts you to riding a machine of 33bhp or under. When you pass your A2 test, you will be able to ride a bike of any cc, as long as it is restricted to a 33bhp. Motorcycles that are normally over 33bhp can be restricted, but you will be required to have a certificate of restriction.

hope that helps