XT600E running lean

chimpy
This post is 5825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I've fitted a CRD Absolute Power II exhaust followed by lowering the needle clip one notch and raising the main jet by ten points as per instructions from CRD however i just carried out a "plug chop" at 4,000 and found the electrode to be mostly covered in white so it appears to be running lean.

Is there anything else i can do? :(

Thanks

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was the plug chop done at full throttle or part throttle? you should plug chop at full throttle first to get the main jet right, Once youre happy there re adjust the pilot air screw to suit. Then plug chop at 1/2 throttle to get your needle position check. Also did you change main jet type for type, ie brass hexagon for brass hexagon for example?

Was the plug chop done at full throttle or part throttle? you should plug chop at full throttle first to get the main jet right, Once youre happy there re adjust the pilot air screw to suit. Then plug chop at 1/2 throttle to get your needle position check. Also did you change main jet type for type, ie brass hexagon for brass hexagon for example?

Chop was done at only part throttle at 4000rpm!

The jet was like for like, a genuine yamaha part, i went from 130 to 140.

Thanks for the reply

Chop was done at only part throttle at 4000rpm!

The jet was like for like, a genuine yamaha part, i went from 130 to 140.

Thanks for the reply

You need to do both chop as i said, its only when main jet size is right that you would do any chop part throttle. But if youre happy with the main jet, (Personally i cant see it being far out), then it looks like you should raise the needle again despite what they told you. I think you have done right to do this testing and not just take it as said!. Better rich than lean as you know lean = overheating = engine damage

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online