Thundercat rear caliper on an XJ600 N question

landy87
This post is 5736 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

first post here so if it's stupid please treat me gently.

I have a 95 XJ 600N Diversion and both rear pistons siezed, I do schedule a strip down every year but the additional bad weather has caught me out, anyway I have managed to free one piston but the other won't budge. I have trawled the internet and contacted all the breakers that I can find but can't get one anywhere.

hence the question - does anyone know if a caliper off any other bike will fit ? I have placed mine against a 02 Thundercat and apart from the pipe entry (which I can work around) they look the same.

thanks

Brian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OMG, what a stupid question!!!

:P:D

Sorry, a cheap jest at a Newbie's expense.

Couldn't resist!!!

It's actually not a bad idea, to be honest.

I don't know if it will work, but I can tell you that certain parts from a manufacturer will be used across different models.

My bike apparently has the same indicators as the old V-Max.

The only thing I'd say is be SURE the 'Cat caliper fits properly before you do this.

Check with your local dealer, or email Yamaha directly. An independant garage might also be well-placed to advise.

As for finding parts from breakers, have you tried Part Finder yet?

thanks for the reply,

I have tried Partsfinder and they were unable to help, I have also e-mailed everyone on ebay that has parts for yamaha's and they all came back zilch - one even told me that they are hard to get hold of as they always sieze !!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Further update.

I have bought a Thundercat rear caliper and fitted it to my Diversion with no problems.

You do need the flexible pipe, between the mastercylinder and the caliper, from the Thundercat as the pipe entry is different and the Diversion one just doesn't make it.

The brake pads are different as well so somthing to remember when you order new ones !!

Brian

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online