2001 R1 problem

scoobystu
This post is 5825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a mint 2001 R1 and this week I have given her new break pads all round and a new clutch and oil and filter ( from dealer) . everything was fine in fact better than fine , I came close to flipping it several times on the first outing due to no clutch slip etc . I put a new tyre on 2 days ago and again evything good but today I took it out and all of a sudden it's down on power . Once it's going it's fine pulls like a Train and anybody else getting on it for the first time wouldn't really notice . but now when I pull off in first where it used to wheelie like mad and the slightest flick now I have to give it loads . I can clutch it up in first and second and once it's up over 4 or 5 grand it's ok . just doesn't seem to have enough guts really low down where it did yesterday .... below is a link to pics of my baby

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=...&highlight=

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online