Confused,annoyed

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello trying to book my bike test again but this time im confused was just on the phone to the bloke and he said i can only do a A2 test which means il be on a 125 for 2years then have to take another test then be unrestricted?? is this right? i was under the impression i do my A license be restricted to 33bhp for 2 years then go unrestricted we had this whole argument for 10minutes about it and he said thats how its always been im wrong so now i dont no what to do? :angry: how come people are buying r6's getting restrictor kits to 33bhp what test did you do? im 17 currently riding a 125 on provisional....any thoughts? :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the bloke and he said i can only do a A2 test

Just looking through the DVLA website and no mention of an A2 test anywhere! You should be able to do the A test and you are restricted for, er well it's not very clear. It say's 21 but I always though it was for 2 years.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Drive...ions/DG_4022547 is where you'll find more info,

I'm sure someone will be along soon who can answer this fully. Don't we have any instructors on ths forum ??? they should be able to help....

Just looking through the DVLA website and no mention of an A2 test anywhere! You should be able to do the A test and you are restricted for, er well it's not very clear. It say's 21 but I always though it was for 2 years.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Drive...ions/DG_4022547 is where you'll find more info,

I'm sure someone will be along soon who can answer this fully. Don't we have any instructors on ths forum ??? they should be able to help....

yer thanks that what i was reading to him over the phone saying there is no A2 on here only A1 and A im sure i can A which is what i was booked for last test i failed so just really confused about it all...

Phone again and if they argue, quote the website at them!!

It'd help if you can have the page open while you're on the phone to 'em.

Phone again and if they argue, quote the website at them!!

It'd help if you can have the page open while you're on the phone to 'em.

i have i was on the phone sat infront of that reading it to him he told me that what hes saying is correct no matter what the site says so i said id phone back useless bunch of .....

I always find that, in such situations, phoning back and getting someone else works best!!

Good luck!!

Lets see if yer Auntie Goff can help:

A1 Light Motorcycle

Complete CBT and motorcycle theory test. Take training and motorcycle test on a machine greater than 75cc but not exceeding 120cc (unless it is a 125cc machine and does not have adequate power to qualify for the A2 licence). On passing your test you can ride up to a 125cc without L-Plates and carry a passenger.

A2 Restricted Licence

You must be aged 17 or over. First pass the CBT and motorcycle theory test. Taking your training on a 121cc – 125cc bike with at least 12 bhp. When you pass your test, you will be able to ride a bike of any cc, as long as it is restricted to a 33bhp. Motorcycles that are normally over 33bhp can be restricted, but you will be required to have a certificate of restriction. You can ride this without L-plates and carry passengers. This restriction is for 2 years, after this time you are automatically able to ride anything you want! This is the only bike licence option available to those aged 17-20.

Accelerated Access

This is available to anyone who has taken either an Automatic licence, an A1 Light motorcycle licence or an A2 Restricted licence. You must be over 21. There is no need to retake either the CBT or the motorcycle theory test. The motorcycle test must be taken on a machine in excess of 47 bhp. The outcome will be that you then hold a full motorcycle licence.

Full Unrestricted Category A Licence (Direct Access Scheme)

You must be aged 21 or over to be eligible for this. Complete a CBT & motorcycle theory test. Then take a motorcycle test on a bike with a power output of 47bhp or more. On passing your test, you will have a full unrestricted licence. Your road training will be taken on a large bike with L-Plates. You can only ride a large bike when accompanied by an authorised Direct Access Scheme Instructor.

Please note that this information is only a guide. The laws are remarkably complicated even for those that actually made them. ;)

Auntie Goff :o:) where is this information from? thats what i had in my head the whole time so i didnt just make it up then :P:rolleyes:

you can find that info on any good motorcycle training school site, just google "A2 motorcucle category" and see what it throws out at you. :D

its like my own little new bike family :P

Im feelin a whole lotta love in this forum right now........... :lol:

yerp just did that aswell il ring when i get a chance see if i can speak to some other seriously helpful-i-no-nothing DSA member of staff :lol:

Im feelin a whole lotta love in this forum right now........... Me too its great!

Big-Free-Hugs-for all...get em while there going ;)

Im feelin a whole lotta love in this forum right now........... :lol:

Lady Goff gets to feel my love later..... behind the bike sheds :D

Lady Goff gets to feel my love later..... behind the bike sheds :D

Easy tiger - its bluddy chilly out there dontcha know - ill settle for a cosy bus shelter and a bag of chips later..... :P