brake bleeding

skyline
This post is 7319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i remeber a topic a while back about bleeding brakes and how much hassel it was to get all the air out etc. well ive been told a bloody easy way of doing it and it works a treat trust me.

all u gotta do is use a couple of elastic bands to compltly pull ur leaver back, then u gotta open ur resivor up and top it up, wait 6 hours, and do it again (if it needs it) and ur done, bascally cus ur brake is fully on something or other is open all the time and the air just flows up to the top, which is y after 6 hours if u have loads of air it will look like loads of fuild has gone, but it wont have, just the air will have gone. brill trick which can be done over night with minimal effort :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I seem to recall doing this one time with my old Seca 550, aa_3.gif..... after I 1st installed braided lines on it.......Your Right! it worked Great! :wink: .....just gotta NOT be in a rush :roll:

Bleeding isn't so hard - this trick is effective once you've done a first-pass bleed to ensure that there's absolutely no air in the system. But I suggest a zip tie or twine instead of an elastic band - you do want some significant pressure on the lever.

To make the bleeding easier and faster, you can apply a vacuum to the bleed screw. A tool for doing this is available in most automotive shops. It has a vacuum canister and hand pump. Next step up is to make a jar that lets you use engine vacuum to aid bleeding

The ultimate is a system where you can apply a bit of pneumatic pressure to a reservoir to force fluid back up through the lines through the bleeder screw into the MC reservoir, carrying the air with it. This type of reverse bleeder is VERY fast and effective, but it's a bit tricky to make and a bit dangerous to use - you don't want high-pressure (and corossive!) brake fluid flying at your paint or your eyes. Believe me. :)

:)

Take it easy

• Admin

Ive got a pressure bleeder but to be honest i never really use it, as it is easyier to just pump the brakes than go find it and connect to a tyre etc :roll:

Yep me too. I found out by accident as well.

I got so fed up bleeding the front brake that I filled up the rear and put it in the shed.

Next day, tube was full with fluid and no air either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online