Anybody have any experiance with 1976 RS100?

canti
This post is 5751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently was given a yamaha RS100 and i had a few questions.

What exactly does the ignition do?? right now it is missing the key hole yet it still turns on, but the lights don't work.

Where can i find a reliable place for parts?? I am looking for mirrors and a few other pieces.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who helps or even just points me in the right direction.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently was given a yamaha RS100 and i had a few questions.

What exactly does the ignition do?? right now it is missing the key hole yet it still turns on, but the lights don't work.

Where can i find a reliable place for parts?? I am looking for mirrors and a few other pieces.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who helps or even just points me in the right direction.

Yamaha will still carry some parts for the bike, then there is E Bay.Speed and Sport also carries alot of NOS Yamaha parts. Sounds like you need a new ingnition switch for your lights to switch on. Someone must have unplugged the switch for the engine to run.

Yamaha will still carry some parts for the bike, then there is E Bay.Speed and Sport also carries alot of NOS Yamaha parts. Sounds like you need a new ingnition switch for your lights to switch on. Someone must have unplugged the switch for the engine to run.

thanks a lot Twin Shock. I will check those places out. hopefully i wont have any other problems. right now i am having trouble getting it to start. the kickstart wont work and when we reliease the clutch it sounds like it is almost ready to start but once it stops rolling it stops making any sounds. We are not sure what happened it used to start right up but last week i let it run out of gas and now it is having this problem.

thanks a lot Twin Shock. I will check those places out. hopefully i wont have any other problems. right now i am having trouble getting it to start. the kickstart wont work and when we reliease the clutch it sounds like it is almost ready to start but once it stops rolling it stops making any sounds. We are not sure what happened it used to start right up but last week i let it run out of gas and now it is having this problem.

Sounds like it is still not getting fuel, did you turn the petcock to the off position. Pull the gas line going to the carburator and make sure you have fuel reaching the carb.

Sounds like it is still not getting fuel, did you turn the petcock to the off position. Pull the gas line going to the carburator and make sure you have fuel reaching the carb.

yeah that is what we thought too. the petcock is not in use it has a line going from the tank to the carb. we are thinking it might have to do with the swtich to turn the motorcycle off. on the right side handle there is a switch with off, on, off going from top to bottom. when the bike was running last week that is how we turned it off. we were thinking something might of happened there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online