New chain and Sprocs

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5746 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

all exited today to recieve a nice shiny set of chain and sprocs i dropped a tooth on the front for sum fun...before i get the old chain off any of you got any tips on the split link i no which way to face it but is it best to use pliers to get it on?

this is my first post in donkeys ;) im back!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

all exited today to recieve a nice shiny set of chain and sprocs i dropped a tooth on the front for sum fun...before i get the old chain off any of you got any tips on the split link i no which way to face it but is it best to use pliers to get it on?

this is my first post in donkeys ;) im back!

Good to see you again Mikey

I use pliers myself, does your bike have a spring loaded chain tensioner, If so pull it away from the chain while you get the link in, When it comes to the pliers and spring link its wise to wrap a bit of tape round it to keep it from flying away if the pliers slip ! :o

Good to see you again Mikey

I use pliers myself, does your bike have a spring loaded chain tensioner, If so pull it away from the chain while you get the link in, When it comes to the pliers and spring link its wise to wrap a bit of tape round it to keep it from flying away if the pliers slip ! :o

:o thats what i was thinking pliers il have a crack at that tomorow the car has been made redundent now its boring! nope havent got a chain tensioner although id like one where can i get one?

good thinking with the tape cheers its tips like that, that make life a hell of a lot easier ;)

good to question you again tooo :D

nope havent got a chain tensioner although id like one where can i get one?

Not sure about that Mikey mine was made with it already on, just another reason why its the best bike Yamaha ever made :D

Copyof000_0246-1.jpg

When you change your back sprocket and fit the wheel, shove the wheel forward in its slots to give more free play in the chain while you fit the link.

Not sure about that Mikey mine was made with it already on, just another reason why its the best bike Yamaha ever made :D

Copyof000_0246-1.jpg

When you change your back sprocket and fit the wheel, shove the wheel forward in its slots to give more free play in the chain while you fit the link.

ok mate il look around give me something to do while im all flu-ed up and yes it is man flu! haha whats it like to ride that 175? looks cracking! ok will do il do it tomorow if the weather holds out (wishful thinking) il let you no how it goes...i cant wait to ride im itching!

looks a beatiful bike old git

so am i right in thinking that less teeth is better? what are the benefits?

i am about to order renthal chain and sprokets for my hornet

so i wana no 1st haha

looks a beatiful bike old git

so am i right in thinking that less teeth is better? what are the benefits?

i am about to order renthal chain and sprokets for my hornet

so i wana no 1st haha

the less teeth on the front the quicker acceleration you get or the more teeth on the back. if you go smaller on the back or more on the front the more top end which i doubt you need or want ;)

the less teeth on the front the quicker acceleration you get or the more teeth on the back. if you go smaller on the back or more on the front the more top end which i doubt you need or want ;)

trust me i want my top end :)

so less teeth it is, thanks

passed ure test yet btw?

trust me i want my top end :)

so less teeth it is, thanks

passed ure test yet btw?

nope not yet havent had a chance to book it the online booking scheme has turned into a pile of sh*t keeps saying my licesne number is invalid so ring this number...rang up on thursday in my lucnh time but was on hold so long i was nearly late for work so had to hang up..il book it this week most likely

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online