help dt175mx

col68
This post is 5691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you can guess i am new to this have just bought 1980 dt175mx [mid life crisis] .The bike has no indicators and am looking to fit some have traced green wire and brown wire which i assume are for indicators but are live without ignition can anybody advise me on this

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As you can guess i am new to this have just bought 1980 dt175mx [mid life crisis] .The bike has no indicators and am looking to fit some have traced green wire and brown wire which i assume are for indicators but are live without ignition can anybody advise me on this

Hi col68, welcome to the forum, so did you have one of theses when you were younger ?

I dumped my indicators many years ago, You do realise that there is no legal requirement for them dont you...Hand signals and all that

Thanks for your reply hope the hand signals are the legal sort lol. Somebody told me that if the indicator switch is fitted it will fail an mot if no indicators in answer to your question i didnt own one before but always wanted one now all i have to do is get a license taking cbt in fortnight ps can you still buy mudguards for these

Thanks for your reply hope the hand signals are the legal sort lol. Somebody told me that if the indicator switch is fitted it will fail an mot if no indicators in answer to your question i didnt own one before but always wanted one now all i have to do is get a license taking cbt in fortnight ps can you still buy mudguards for these

This is not good, you wont be able to ride it on cbt will you? as its not a 125, I know, i know its not very powerful, but you might have to convert it to 125, thats not gonna be easy, you dont see many 125 barrels and heads around!!

Thanks for your reply hope the hand signals are the legal sort lol.

I know many, some are legal ones :lol:

Somebody told me that if the indicator switch is fitted it will fail an mot if no indicators

Mine passes MOT every year no problem

ps can you still buy mudguards for these

There are always plenty of used spares on ebay, just bide your time, they will come along :thumb:

The bike has no indicators and am looking to fit some have traced green wire and brown wire which i assume are for indicators but are live without ignition can anybody advise me on this

Green and brown is correct, they should not be live until the ignition key is ON and the relevant direction switch is ON

no they work only with ignition on bit of a mystery eh

Sure is, The flashers were never a strong point though, so i'm guessing now that a previous owner has been tinkering with the electrickery supply and maybe they fitted another flasher relay. If you locate the flasher relay, there are two wires on it a Brown and a Brown/White. The Brown is the supply, trace that back from the relay you may find the answer there

Sure is, The flashers were never a strong point though, so i'm guessing now that a previous owner has been tinkering with the electrickery supply and maybe they fitted another flasher relay. If you locate the flasher relay, there are two wires on it a Brown and a Brown/White. The Brown is the supply, trace that back from the relay you may find the answer there

sounds stupid but where is the flasher relay

Only joking, but honestly i cant remember, Have a look under the seat or under the tank, Yes look under the tank

Its under the tank at the front behind the ig coil, look between the frame and the exhaust and you should see it.

Gravity and mother earth removed my indicators many years ago with a mild amount of pain on my part but you only truly discover how solid out planet is is by hitting it at speed :lol: It was in my days trail riding and she spent more time on her side than upright to be honest, and i've NEVER had any mot issues. Well with the indicators anyway.

Its under the tank at the front behind the ig coil, look between the frame and the exhaust and you should see it.

Gravity and mother earth removed my indicators many years ago with a mild amount of pain on my part but you only truly discover how solid out planet is is by hitting it at speed :lol: It was in my days trail riding and she spent more time on her side than upright to be honest, and i've NEVER had any mot issues. Well with the indicators anyway.

i know over in britain that the indicator switch is not the issue for an mot but if there is indicators fitted they must be in working order if thats any use.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online