DT125 Lights

JonRisby
This post is 7359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DT125 Lights

Im just wondering if there is any way i can change my lights to run from the battery than running from the engine.... at tickover you can hardlly see the lights :shock:

Any help appreciated

jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The lights are fed from the lighting coil. The wire from the coil should be Yellow with a red stripe. It changes colour at a connection block to a brown wire that then goes up into the switch. You can remove the yellow/red wire at this connector (tape it up) and connect a feed from either the battery (always on) or from the brown wire that comes from the ignition switch (only on when the key is turn on). I would use a brown from the ignition to the brown wire that goes up into the lighting switch.

• Admin

Personally i would fit an after market front on, as i know how crap the standard lights are even when the engine is running! I remember seeing a front think it was an acerbis one which had proper bulbs too :wink: and was about £40

i have an after market one its just that i dont like the idea of having no lights when the engines not running.

where can i get a bigger battery from? capacity wise

any idea what my charging current is???

The lights are fed from the lighting coil. The wire from the coil should be Yellow with a red stripe. It changes colour at a connection block to a brown wire that then goes up into the switch. You can remove the yellow/red wire at this connector (tape it up) and connect a feed from either the battery (always on) or from the brown wire that comes from the ignition switch (only on when the key is turn on). I would use a brown from the ignition to the brown wire that goes up into the lighting switch.

WHAT A BRAIN BOX :!:

It worked and the engine now chrages the battery and powers my lights... they are much better now. WOOHOO :)

WHAT A BRAIN BOX :!:

It worked and the engine now chrages the battery and powers my lights... they are much better now. WOOHOO :)

So how much would that old DT125R exhaust be ? LOL

im not sure if i wanna sell it... i was thinking of putting it back on the bike when i sell it and sell the dep seperately although make me an offer and ill let ya know.;)

im not sure if i wanna sell it... i was thinking of putting it back on the bike when i sell it and sell the dep seperately although make me an offer and ill let ya know.;)

Mmmm, I don't want too pay much. It's for a DTR that I'm most likely selling anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online