Am I past help?

davec105
This post is 7332 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My wife has been saying a lot lately, that I am obsessed with my bike (well anything to do with bikes really).

Every opportunity, I am out on it. As soon as I get home I am washing it. And not just a quick flick with a sponge....its the full on clean.

I even find myself taking it out of the shed, just so I can look at the darn thing out of the kitchen window as I wash the dishes!

I suppose she doesn't know what it feels like to ride a bike, the front end rising as you open the throttle, the sweeping left and right hand bends, the sheer delight as you filter through all the traffic! Look....I am at it again....I am thinking of going out! 8)

Is it just me? Or is everyone like that? :shock:

Also, I have spoken to a few people, who say they gave up biking when they had a child, being more responsible etc. I couldn't do it! I have a 15 month old daughter, and I never felt like that!

Normal?

Anyway, I feel better that its off my chest!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yup, tbh, i basically dumped my ex gf for my bike. it was either spend the next couple of hours with her...or riding my bike, i made excuses and i was away on the bike :D i cant get enough of it. even now my insureance is ran out and im waiting to sell this one and get another i still sometimes sneakly take it out on the road :shock: but damn when im there im there for aggggges. just the front slow puncture ive never got round to fixing...and the shaged chain n sprockets i havent replaced. the problem is, i got a new tube and a new set of chain and sprockets. but untill the bike proves compltly unridable id rather ride it than fix or clean it. i go out with a cloth to the garage and think, ill give it a quick spin b4 i clean, and bam, b4 i know it, its bed time and i gotta go home :/ but hell its fun!!!!

I suppose she doesn't know what it feels like.........front end rising as you open the throttle, the sweeping left and right hand bends, the sheer delight as you filter through all the traffic!

Neither do I! :oops:

My wife has been saying a lot lately, that I am obsessed with my bike (well anything to do with bikes really).

Every opportunity, I am out on it. As soon as I get home I am washing it. And not just a quick flick with a sponge....its the full on clean.

I even find myself taking it out of the shed, just so I can look at the darn thing out of the kitchen window as I wash the dishes!

I suppose she doesn't know what it feels like to ride a bike, the front end rising as you open the throttle, the sweeping left and right hand bends, the sheer delight as you filter through all the traffic! Look....I am at it again....I am thinking of going out! 8) 

Is it just me? Or is everyone like that? :shock: 

Also, I have spoken to a few people, who say they gave up biking when they had a child, being more responsible etc. I couldn't do it! I have a 15 month old daughter, and I never felt like that! 

Normal?

Anyway, I feel better that its off my chest!

i'm exactly the same mate, dont worry about it :D 8) the bit about taking the bike out of the garage just to look at when you're washing the dishes........i've done that :oops: and i park whatever bike i'm on so that i can see it at work, not because it might get stolen but because i like looking :oops: :lol: bike's are awsome!!! 8)

Well i'm the same too.... I must let the dog out 40 times a day just coz i haft to walk through the garage (where the bike is) to get out. After a night out on the piss ive found myself sat chilling out in the garage with a beer & a kebab just looking at the bike....... THIS IS NORMAL..... its people that dont have bikes that are abnormal coz they dont know what they are missing..... If it was a choice between riding the R1, my misses or sum1 elses misses, it would haft to be snowing, in a thunderstorm during an ongoing earthquake for me not to pick the bike.... thats enough, i'm going letting the dog out :D

• Admin

Yep its completly normal guys 8)

R1JAN have managed to get my bird to recreate your avatar, think i might just join you :wink:

boob4.gif

• Admin

Now then..looking at the bike just does'nt seem to have the same appeal all of a sudden
:lol:

Thats normal too :wink:

How about "your bird" as she is in avatar, on the front of me on the R1.... now thats the life..... Right i'm getting carried away with "normal" thoughts now, i'm off for a blast to get some wind through my helmet...........

• Admin

If that was my bird, i would defo ride that more then my bike :shock:

There's a punchline in there somewhere you know! :lol:

just dont tell mozzy :shock:

C'mon now guys....this is 2004 after all...live and let live and all that! :roll:

It's no longer PC to call them shit stabbers, turd burglars etc.

So we can't victimise poor old Mozzy just because he apparently has a sore ass from being assfucked! :lol:

You people really know how to lower the tone....we are on about georgeous, naked, perfectly curved women and you turn the conversation into big, fat, hairy, ring rodgerin biker blokes........