R6 2003 cutting out!

Mrfurious
This post is 5850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

I have a 2003 R6 and had the TPS (throttle position sensor) changed about 3 months ago, I fitted a power commander and used one of the maps from the web, last weekend went for a blast and the bike kept cutting out but only when I stopped at traffic lights, so basically no idle whatsoever, when I switched the ignition off and then on again the bike ran fine for a few hours then did it again, is it possible that the power commander is causing this problem? because I haven't had a custom map created specifically for my bike? also I used super unleaded petrol a couple of times while out only due to the garages out in the sticks not having normal, could this cause a problem?

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

I have a 2003 R6 and had the TPS (throttle position sensor) changed about 3 months ago, I fitted a power commander and used one of the maps from the web, last weekend went for a blast and the bike kept cutting out but only when I stopped at traffic lights, so basically no idle whatsoever, when I switched the ignition off and then on again the bike ran fine for a few hours then did it again, is it possible that the power commander is causing this problem? because I haven't had a custom map created specifically for my bike? also I used super unleaded petrol a couple of times while out only due to the garages out in the sticks not having normal, could this cause a problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi, i recon its the power commander soft wear, its very un-likely to be petrol, all moden bike are made to run on std unleaded, power commander cost a good few £££, id take it to a dyno & get it set up by the pro's, if your map was free, whos to know if it a good or bad map, or you could spend a bit more, & get the proper soft wear, then you can load what ever you like onto the cammander, ie race, bimble,town ect Parsley

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online