Fairing bolt won't come out

AlanFJ
This post is 5834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

One of the fairing bolts on my 600 Divvy has rusted, and when I try to unscrew it the retainer underneath just turns round with the bolt and so won't unscrew. I'll bet I'm not the first to have this problem, so what's the answer? I can't seem to find a way to grip the fitting under the fairing.

Go easy on me, I'm new here.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One of the fairing bolts on my 600 Divvy has rusted, and when I try to unscrew it the retainer underneath just turns round with the bolt and so won't unscrew. I'll bet I'm not the first to have this problem, so what's the answer? I can't seem to find a way to grip the fitting under the fairing.

Go easy on me, I'm new here.

Difficult to answer when you cant see it but i'd guess that you will have to drill the head off the bolt then remove the retainer thats not fixed properly any longer, Soak the etainer and headless bolt in penetrating oil for a day or so then try to remove the bolt shaft. When (If) it comes out wash all the penetrating oil off and araldite it back where it belongs,,,Sounds easy does'nt it...:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online