Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Alex
This post is 7306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Cant believe what i have just done!!! :cry: :cry:

I was outside cleaning my bike, and someone phoned me up so i was just chatting away and not really thinking and sprayed alloy wheel cleaner over my rims! I completely forgot you cant put the stuff on polished alloy !! :oops: :oops:

So now i have white stains all over my wheels :evil: Have spent about an hour so far polishing with autosol and its coming off, but what a stupid thing to have done :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Well im normally always just wash them everytime i use the bike and rub a hard wax on them.

But there was some road tar on them (At last hot sticky tarmac 8) ) Should have just polished it off rather than trying to take the easy way :evil:

• Admin

Hmm never heard of that, will go shopping tomorrow 8)

The other thing i thought about doing was to use a harsher rubbing compound such as valve lapping paste and then use the autosol :?

Cheers guys, i wash em down after every ride but they seem to have faded marks on them, where do you get that alu-belgum halfords or somewhere like that?