oil pump rebuild

mnewkirk
This post is 5835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm rebuilding an oil pump on my1976 DT175C and need to source gaskets and seals not offered by Yamaha.

Does anyone know of other sources?

Brave Man !!! I went to the Yamaha factory in 1980 and watched oil pumps being built (amongst other things) and I would not fancy doing it.... I would advise another pump rather than some frought time trying to rebuild an old one, from what I remember even the assembly staff had problems assembling the pumps ... slowest part of the line (even the Toyota car engines dropped of the end of the line quicker!). If you are going to rebuild the pump the gaskets could be made from gasket paper (very time consuming and perhaps not too oil tight) and seals searched by there id number across the net (all seals should have there id number on them unless it was deemed they were unreplacable)

sorry that I've not been much help, but you may find there is no source to be had

regards Jim