1990 YX-600 Radian Ignition trouble

Rick Ingram
This post is 5836 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My son recently knock off his alternator. We were lucky enough to find a replacement, stator, rotor and housing at a salvage yard. We put on the new parts and the bike ran perfect for two days. We are now having ignition problems, has only started twice today and cut out out while riding in second gear. We have ripped apart all the wiring we re-worked for the alternator replacement. We have check all the connectors associated with that. We have checked both coils and connections of the ignitor box as well and still no spark. We are positive its electrical because we can't get a spark on the plugs. We did the classic spark plug test, which it failed. I have a shop manual which is helpful but you how these electrical problems can be. :(

Is it possible for the digital ignitor to be intermittent? I 'm not sure about it, but it seems to be at the heart of the ignition system. I see on the drawing there is a pick up coil put I have no idea where it is located.

Any suggestion as to further troubleshooting steps we could take?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online