1975 tx500 hitting on one cylinder

pakrodent
This post is 5697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Just started here. I was needing some help on a 1975 Yamaha tx500 that has been sitting for 10+ years. A friend and I cleaned the carbs, the tank and was set to take it out. The idle sounded great, but when it was put into gear it was at half power with full choke and wanted to die. I pulled the top of carbs thinking that it wasn't getting enough air for fuel mixture. It seems that fuel is getting to both sides. Then I put my hand on the exhaust, the right side is firing warm but the left side was cold. I pulled the left plug and it was sparking a nice white/blue spark. My friend put a comprsion gage on it and it has the same compression on both sides. My question - now what? Any help or tips would be great. THANKS!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you checked the valve clearances? A friend of mine had a similar problem & refused to believe the valves could do this, as soon as i adjusted the valves for him his bike started working properly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online