xs 1100s

ivebeenshot
This post is 5838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok im finding it dificult to find what year my engine is i have the engine number but no frame number as it is now in a custom frame how do i find the year of it? is there any identifying things or simlar that might give me an idea so i can start ordering parts lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok im finding it dificult to find what year my engine is i have the engine number but no frame number as it is now in a custom frame how do i find the year of it? is there any identifying things or simlar that might give me an idea so i can start ordering parts lol

I just realized that unless it different than the xs400 that the engine number is the same as the original frame number, so that should enable you to figure the year.

Hi there

are first three digits of the engine number 2H7 ?

Regards Jim

found this;

Motorcycle/ATV Year Model Identification

Identify your year model by using the letter of the alphabet used as the last digit in the units model name.

Eg. YZF-R6S S= Year Model Letter = 2004

YZF-R6T T= Year Model Letter = 2005

model_year_codes.gif

found this;

Motorcycle/ATV Year Model Identification

Identify your year model by using the letter of the alphabet used as the last digit in the units model name.

Eg. YZF-R6S S= Year Model Letter = 2004

YZF-R6T T= Year Model Letter = 2005

model_year_codes.gif

early yam's used these codes to identify the modal rather than the table shown.

This would mean RD50M (1978 code 2L8) would be 2000 (M)

RD200DX (1977 modal code 1E7) would be 2008 (X)

XS650S (1979 modal code 3L1) would be 2004 (S) or 1986 (S)

XS1100 (1978-80 modal code 2H7) would not exist

XJ900S (1998 modal code 4KM) would be 2004 (S) or 1986 (S)

FS1E (1973 modal type 394 ) would be 1978 (E)

RD250LC (1980 modal type 4L1) would be 1976 ©

then you run into points of say XS250SE (1980, 4G5) and XS7502D (1977,1T5)

how about the 1976 RD250 - 2 versions SP & CW (1A2)

so it's not much good for older kit the 3 digit code will identify the correct modal

regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online