Hi Guys i'm new

Parsley1000
This post is 5764 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone I'm Parsley,(yep that is my name)!!named after the lion for those of you old enough to remember! Well up untill recently i've been married to suzuki but this FZR came my way for a small amount of money so I thought i'd give it a go,fixed it up a bit ,rode it a bit & loved it loads!!!! so gonna keep it, i'm now sueing suzuki for divorce! I'm not entirely new to Yamaha,my real wife Donna has a Radian,she doesnt like it being called a Radian ,she thinks it sounds like washing powder! so we call it the fairy bike because its been airbrushed with fairys on it!i'll put some pics on the gallery of our bikes,my oldest lad has a FZR600 in standard guise,mine however has been chopped & changed a bit,its got race twin headlight fairing,R6 subframe & seat,R6 brakes,motor has a wisecoe high compresion piston kit,shes not too arse up n head down so long runs are not a problem,i'm in my mid 40's & have a beer belly so needs to be comfy!!

Infact weve just been 170 round trip ride out to see a viaduct just outside Peterborough on A47,74 arches well worth the run & the sun was out too!! thats it for now I will just say I am a motorcycle mechanic & will try n help anyone if they need help,but its always hard if you cant see or hear what the problem is! Cheers Parsley

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know i've not been on here long myself but let me be the first to welcome you aboard....... :D

Ditto to all the above. Speaking as a self-confesses mechanical klutz :blush:, having another forum member who has proper mech knowledge is especially welcome.

Guest Exupnutta

Hello everyone I'm Parsley,(yep that is my name)!!named after the lion for those of you old enough to remember! Well up untill recently i've been married to suzuki but this FZR came my way for a small amount of money so I thought i'd give it a go,fixed it up a bit ,rode it a bit & loved it loads!!!! so gonna keep it, i'm now sueing suzuki for divorce! I'm not entirely new to Yamaha,my real wife Donna has a Radian,she doesnt like it being called a Radian ,she thinks it sounds like washing powder! so we call it the fairy bike because its been airbrushed with fairys on it!i'll put some pics on the gallery of our bikes,my oldest lad has a FZR600 in standard guise,mine however has been chopped & changed a bit,its got race twin headlight fairing,R6 subframe & seat,R6 brakes,motor has a wisecoe high compresion piston kit,shes not too arse up n head down so long runs are not a problem,i'm in my mid 40's & have a beer belly so needs to be comfy!!

Infact weve just been 170 round trip ride out to see a viaduct just outside Peterborough on A47,74 arches well worth the run & the sun was out too!! thats it for now I will just say I am a motorcycle mechanic & will try n help anyone if they need help,but its always hard if you cant see or hear what the problem is! Cheers Parsley

Hello and :welcome: fellow FZR1000 rider... don't you just love the grunt on those... Bulletproof bikes :D

PM me if you need anything :)

Hi mate I'm also new - just bought Fazer 1000 few days ago and loving it

I may need to pick your brains as regards a few bits I want to do to my bike if that's ok

All the best

JJ

Hi parsley i've got an 87 fzr1000 genesis i'm about to strip and rebuild this winter i will be giving you a shout for some advice.

no worries i'll be glad to help :D