Fazer noise please help

JJ's Fazer
This post is 5843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi just bought Fazer 1000 (2006) new shape and I get a loud vibration from around the clock area at 4000rpm

No noise before 4000 or after 4500 - it's the same in every gear

It seems to be either the clock or the piece of plastic above it but I don't know how it secures to the bike or if something needs tightening

Please can someone help as I've only had it a couple of days and it's driving me mad

Also anybody know where to get a bigger screen and what's the best one to buy

THANKS A LOT

JJ

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi just bought Fazer 1000 (2006) new shape and I get a loud vibration from around the clock area at 4000rpm

No noise before 4000 or after 4500 - it's the same in every gear

It seems to be either the clock or the piece of plastic above it but I don't know how it secures to the bike or if something needs tightening

Please can someone help as I've only had it a couple of days and it's driving me mad

Also anybody know where to get a bigger screen and what's the best one to buy

THANKS A LOT

JJ

Well ... that sounds just like my FZ1abs 2007 and i cant find the dam noise,, it dont slow it down any or make things

not workso untill it shows a better sign of ware we have to put up with it. My H Hornet had the same noise that i fixed

by removeing the screen and refitting, not so with the Yami. Givi do a touring screen that helps a little on the Yami

up to the ton after that its keep ur head down and elbows in, if you hear of a full fairing let me know.

navi

like the speed but not the wind.

Its the triangular piece of plastic between the clocks and the screen. You need to remove it and put in some foam/rubber strips to prevent vibration. Its a common FZ problem. :D look on FZ1OA.com I know I shouldnt advertise other forums but we are all brothers (and sisters} here :rolleyes: arnt we?