Display lights went out, whats going on here?

Darkwarrior
This post is 5845 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I have a 2002 YZF600,

Here is my problem, my gauge lights on my display went out, the gauges work fine but they no longer light up.

It started with just my temp gauge light going out, I kicked the bike up to about 100mph and the light came back on. I assumed it was a potential problem with the generator(or alternater whatever bikes have). A few weeks later and my tach gauge light goes out, I kicked it up to 100mph again with no results this time. Then my speedo light went out a few days later.

What is going on here? I can't imagine it would be a fuse eh? I'm guessing its a problem with the charging because as of late my bike has been dying alot when I first crank it and I have to jump it, or if it sits for a couple days I have to jump it off. It has been suggested there is a short in the wiring draining it but before I go tracing every line I'm hoping maybe yall know something about this.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

~DarK~

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online