Got myself a FZR6

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ladies and Gentler-men,

So, in April I bought my missis a 125 to get through her test - now she's decided she prefferes to sit on the back and let me do the thinking. Fair enough - she did roll down Kilimajaro in a 4x4 a couple of years ago, and apart from the 6 opperations to get her back in the land of the able boddied it's kinda knocked her confidence.

.....and now I'm stuck with an '05 XL125 Varadero,,

until my lovely kind local Yam dealer got this Fazer 600 in on an '05 with 18,000 miles on the clock. A bit weather worn but nothing I can't resolve with a bit of TLC. I got the bike for almost a swap so I'm happy, and I've something in the garage with a bit more power (the TTR & Tenere are a bit slow when I'm out with the guys on the 1000cc street bikes).

Last time I owned a straight 4 it was a ZZR, so I'm a bit out of touch, and looking for the low down.

So, give it to me, what are the worst bits of these bikes?

Where is it going to go wrong on me?

What's going to fall off first? (apart from me)

????

Get on yer :soapbox: and tell me all about it.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ladies and Gentler-men,

So, in April I bought my missis a 125 to get through her test - now she's decided she prefferes to sit on the back and let me do the thinking. Fair enough - she did roll down Kilimajaro in a 4x4 a couple of years ago, and apart from the 6 opperations to get her back in the land of the able boddied it's kinda knocked her confidence.

.....and now I'm stuck with an '05 XL125 Varadero,,

until my lovely kind local Yam dealer got this Fazer 600 in on an '05 with 18,000 miles on the clock. A bit weather worn but nothing I can't resolve with a bit of TLC. I got the bike for almost a swap so I'm happy, and I've something in the garage with a bit more power (the TTR & Tenere are a bit slow when I'm out with the guys on the 1000cc street bikes).

Last time I owned a straight 4 it was a ZZR, so I'm a bit out of touch, and looking for the low down.

So, give it to me, what are the worst bits of these bikes?

Where is it going to go wrong on me?

What's going to fall off first? (apart from me)

????

Get on yer :soapbox: and tell me all about it.....

A few years ago i bought a new Honda NX650 dominator, similar to your XT, Loved the look and ride position, but didnt like the ride, too long legged, crap commuter, slipping clutch all the time in traffic etc, Then gota Bandit 600 and absolutely love it, It does everything well, Fast, slow whatever you want and it looks good too so...When you get this your single pot days may be over, so Smooooth!

No idea whats going to fall of it, But reckon you'll love it like I do mine

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Wooo good choice in mid range Tourer sports lol

Mine is less then a year old and has 10,000 since october last year when i got her new.

And nothing has gone wrong.

Just the usally stuff which u will nop about just keep the chain lube check tyres pressure's blah blah blah!

Get some michelin 2pct tyres on her. They are fantastic tyres.

one thing that I have had to replace are the hero blobs on the foot pegs.

They kept on wearing down lol

Well, she's home. for some reason the DVLA won't accept an emails Insurance Certificate - I find this a litle frustrating since they can check it all on the system...... still Calm calm calm, let the jobsworth have her momment. It can all wait till Monday as I'm away this wekend so won't be able to ride her anyway.

So, today I found out what it was like to break the law in a few seconds, again :rolleyes:

It's going to take a bit of getting used to me thinks. No torque at all at 1000 revs, can't just release the clutch and let the engine power it way - need to remember that! a few more revs to stop the bugger stalling.

.. and whats all this screaming about, 12,000 revs? jesus, the limiter cuts in on the other bikes at 8 :blink:

Seriously though, it's nice to have a choice again.

Whats it to be?

Dirt?

Long range?

loose licence?