Tyres for a XVS dargstar 125

hugoverdog
This post is 5770 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys,

I've recently had a M.O.T. and my front tyre need changing (I did already knew this) and I've had to wait 6 days for them to get me one. Is this normal? Plus they said they could ony get me a Dunlop as it needs to match my back tyre (my back tyre is not a Dunlop), after calling them on the 5th day they said they could get me a Pirelli. Which in itself is weird as they originaly said could only have a dunlop due to the size of the wheel.

I really don't know whats going on, can anyone help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bollox.

I would take it somewhere else.

ideally your back and front tyres should be the same but its not set in stone. I often ran differnt tyres on my CBR6 and never had any problems as long as i wasnt racing like Rossi.

6 days for a tyre is taking the piss.

Bollox.

I would take it somewhere else.

ideally your back and front tyres should be the same but its not set in stone. I often ran differnt tyres on my CBR6 and never had any problems as long as i wasnt racing like Rossi.

6 days for a tyre is taking the piss.

Thanks Goff,

They obviously haven't been paying attention to it and the bike has just been sitting there!

I know it's only a 125 but it should have the same priority as the rest, if this had gone well I would never go anywhere else, especially when I get my bigger bike next year. But now I'll never use them again.

They should put it on today, if they don't and I'm going to proper crazy!

Boys that did my 125 gave me a choice of tyre, both what the manual said and other suitable ones.

It was in within 2 days and ready for fitting!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online