81 xs400 headlight

BWINFLD
This post is 5768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got this bike from my brother got it running after 10yr every thing work except headlight and starter. He told me that it usually come on when running. And the elec starter would only work when he put a new battery. The headlight came on once when i had put the battery charger. I know the bulb is good. I put new batt rides good no headlight. No elec starter. I jump the starter and it work but not with button.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got this bike from my brother got it running after 10yr every thing work except headlight and starter. He told me that it usually come on when running. And the elec starter would only work when he put a new battery. The headlight came on once when i had put the battery charger. I know the bulb is good. I put new batt rides good no headlight. No elec starter. I jump the starter and it work but not with button.

starter - probably starter solenoid.

For headlight - engine does have to run. If the bike is on and you don't have a headlight, it could be the relay (under the tank, under the ignition coils. Attached with a rubber sleeve to the frame). You could also have a charging problem.

starter - probably starter solenoid.

For headlight - engine does have to run. If the bike is on and you don't have a headlight, it could be the relay (under the tank, under the ignition coils. Attached with a rubber sleeve to the frame). You could also have a charging problem.

If the alternator or rectifier is bad the light won't come on, that could also explain the only running with a new battery if the charging system is not working.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online