WANTED: YX600 Fuel Tank

danwilli
This post is 5755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have finished rebuilding my carbs and found a lot of nasty metal flakes, so I started cleaning out the tank after I finished the carbs.

After a good pressure washing (right before I was going to use a kreem 3 stage acid solution and epoxy) I noticed a small pinhole sized hole in the bottom of my tank... I was going to get it welded and call it good, but the whole bottom seems to be just about rusted through completely so I am here looking for a tank.

If the tank you have to offer for sale is only mildly dirty/rusty, I don't mind because I still have my tank cleaning solutions that I can use on a tank that does not have a hole in it.

Thank you,

Danny

(If I broke any forum rules I am unaware of by posting this thread, please remove my post and, if you don't mind, notify me via email.)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have finished rebuilding my carbs and found a lot of nasty metal flakes, so I started cleaning out the tank after I finished the carbs.

After a good pressure washing (right before I was going to use a kreem 3 stage acid solution and epoxy) I noticed a small pinhole sized hole in the bottom of my tank... I was going to get it welded and call it good, but the whole bottom seems to be just about rusted through completely so I am here looking for a tank.

If the tank you have to offer for sale is only mildly dirty/rusty, I don't mind because I still have my tank cleaning solutions that I can use on a tank that does not have a hole in it.

Thank you,

Danny

(If I broke any forum rules I am unaware of by posting this thread, please remove my post and, if you don't mind, notify me via email.)

where are you? i'm looking for a yx600 tank that isn't useable... would you sell yours?

where are you? i'm looking for a yx600 tank that isn't useable... would you sell yours?

I am in Eugene, Oregon. I would certainly consider selling my tank if I find one to replace it... it seems they are hard to come by. If I cannot find a good quality tank, I will be skinning this one where the rust is and continuing to use it. If I do indeed find a tank though, I will come back to this forum and let you know that I have a spare :)

EDIT: Are you planning on using this tank to create the back end of a cafe racer by chance? (Just noticed your bike says its a YX600 cafe)

I am in Eugene, Oregon. I would certainly consider selling my tank if I find one to replace it... it seems they are hard to come by. If I cannot find a good quality tank, I will be skinning this one where the rust is and continuing to use it. If I do indeed find a tank though, I will come back to this forum and let you know that I have a spare :)

EDIT: Are you planning on using this tank to create the back end of a cafe racer by chance? (Just noticed your bike says its a YX600 cafe)

yes i am... and i'm just south of you in Roseburg! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the only tank that I have found to suit my needs is going to cost me $285 from Hawaii (They say no rust though...)

I am getting fed up with looking for a cheaper tank, so I think I am going to bite the bullet on this one and just get it.

How much seems fair for my old rusted out tank? The rust only appears to be on the bottom pan of the tank, but it is pretty badly rusted there. If you were willing to make the drive to Eugene, I would probably sell it for near nothing.

I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY NEW TANK YET, so I don't want to get your hopes up and confirm this deal until I have the new one in my hands.

I will update this thread when I get the new tank though.

I have ordered my new tank today and it will be shipped tomorrow. After I have the tank and have fully inspected it, I will contact you about my old tank if you are still interested.

If you are still interested in the tank, please send your name and email or phone number in a PM. How does $20 sound? I will need to first make sure my new tank is in acceptable condition, but unless this guy is jerking me around (which I don't think he is), it should be.

I have ordered my new tank today and it will be shipped tomorrow. After I have the tank and have fully inspected it, I will contact you about my old tank if you are still interested.

If you are still interested in the tank, please send your name and email or phone number in a PM. How does $20 sound? I will need to first make sure my new tank is in acceptable condition, but unless this guy is jerking me around (which I don't think he is), it should be.

contact me at [email protected] thanks!!!!!!!!!