New Fazer FZR6

mark2
This post is 5861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all...... just got a fazer 6 in black as an ex demo from Woking Yamaha. It's had the tallest screen fitted to it, but still get wind buffetting (now worried as i understand that its been used by either their instructors (which isnt really a problem) or by Learners (which could be a problem). I'm hoping someone out there has the solutions to the following:

1. feels like either head race bearings are loose or swingarm bearings are the same, doesnt exactly track true, when on bumpy roads and during cornering/both, there seems to be a feeling of looseness, as if something is moving around which shouldnt be....

2. Vibration. The vibes from this motor are so bad that i can feel them through the seat, at anything above 3000 RPM.

3. Gearbox. It absolutely definitely and persistently will NOT go through gears smoothly.

4. Clutch. Is absolutely on the end of its travel, only being fully engaged when the clutch lever is almost out of my hands. It's also VERY VERY grabby, and on more than one occasion now has alarmed me by its sudden grabby nature.

I am also worried that the clutch appears to be screeching/graunching when I release it. This happens occasionally, not everytime.

5. Tail light. Appears to have dropped for some reason,sits lower than it should be i think. It looks like theres a lip on the back of the tail light which corresponds exactly to the edge of the top panel above the exhaust. Was thinking they should flush fit into each other but they dont..

I decided to go for an inline four as it was supposed to be quite smooth, but this is no way smooth.

I'm sooo dissappointed by the faults on this bike. If they werent there then i'd be a happy bunny, but they are. I should tell you that the bike only has 3500 miles on it, and condition wise appears to be A1.

I do have the option of going back to the dealers, but I'd rather gain some valuable insight as to whats curable and whats not first before going back to them with a long list of theses things that could be classed as "They all do that ,SIR"

Cheers all for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.