REX JUDD

hugoverdog
This post is 5702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does any body have any experience with Rex Judd? A week ago I put my Dragstar 125 in for a M.O.T. and a service, on booking it in (almost a month before) I told them that the front tyre will need changing, so they said O.K. and told me it would still be done in one day. Six days later I'm still waiting for it, the guy said he had to order me a Dunlop as it matches the back now when I spoke to them today the guy said he could get a Pirelli and have it done for my tomorrow.

To be honest I think they have been really sh*t with communication and without me chasing them I'm sure I could still be waiting next week!

Has anybody else had similar with them? Who thinks I should ask for a discount? They've cost me a lot of money in Public Transport.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Which branch? Personally I worked for West Hampstead & they weren't that bad, then again that was when I used to work for them LOL!

Yeah, West Hampstead branch, I'm livid to be honest, it's been like talking to a bunch of Gorrillas! If you can recommend anywhere else I would love to know, especially as I'm gonna get a bigger bike next year. Just thought that if I spent more money (even against the advice of my Sports Bike friends) with someone so well known that I would get a first good experience and would be happy. Obviously not. Sh*te.

Write them a letter.

Something like this:

Dear Sir

I am writing regarding my Yamaha XVS125 (reg No: xxxx xxx) which i brought into your garage on 00.0.2008 for an M.O.T. I had booked this appointment a month before on 00.0.2008.

I informed the mechanics that the front tyre would need changing and was told that it would be done in 1 day.

6 days later i am still waiting for my motorcycle.

I have called your garage several times, and have been told that a Dunlop tyre for the front, which will match the back, cannot be found, but i have been offered a Pirelli tyre for the front.

I am not at all happy about this and am finding it a little difficult to understand why it has taken so long to sort this out, and why no one has contacted me to keep me informed of what has happened.

I rely on my motorcycle as my main form of transport to and from work and have had to pay out for public transport over the past week - something i would not have had to do had my motorcycle been back with me as promised.

I expect my motorcycle to be returned to me by (insert date here).

I also expect some form of compensation for the length of time you have kept my motorcycle and the fact that you have failed to keep me updated, despite promising it would be back with me in 1 day.

I look forward to your response.

Yours

Mr Hugoverdog

If you put it in writing you can take it further if you do not get a satisfactory answer. ;)

Write them a letter.

Something like this:

Dear Sir

I am writing regarding my Yamaha XVS125 (reg No: xxxx xxx) which i brought into your garage on 00.0.2008 for an M.O.T. I had booked this appointment a month before on 00.0.2008.

I informed the mechanics that the front tyre would need changing and was told that it would be done in 1 day.

6 days later i am still waiting for my motorcycle.

I have called your garage several times, and have been told that a Dunlop tyre for the front, which will match the back, cannot be found, but i have been offered a Pirelli tyre for the front.

I am not at all happy about this and am finding it a little difficult to understand why it has taken so long to sort this out, and why no one has contacted me to keep me informed of what has happened.

I rely on my motorcycle as my main form of transport to and from work and have had to pay out for public transport over the past week - something i would not have had to do had my motorcycle been back with me as promised.

I expect my motorcycle to be returned to me by (insert date here).

I also expect some form of compensation for the length of time you have kept my motorcycle and the fact that you have failed to keep me updated, despite promising it would be back with me in 1 day.

I look forward to your response.

Yours

Mr Hugoverdog

If you put it in writing you can take it further if you do not get a satisfactory answer. ;)

I'm going to call this afternoon and see what they say, but if it's not ready I'm gonna go apesh*t and ask to speak to the manager. Thanks again Goff, nice to see someone replying to my moaning! I love your 650 classic too, that's the bike I'm going for next year!

I don't know where in London you are but for tyres, myself & most of my mates use 'Essential rubber' on Downham Rd N1. They deal mainly in motorcycle tyres & can come up with some reasonably good deals. I've heard the mechanics ain't too bad either (no i don't work for them). For MOT's I usually use 'Dalston motorcycles' on Kingsland rd N1 (just off Balls pond rd). Keeps everything sort of local, despite me living about 5 miles away from that locality.

I don't know where in London you are but for tyres, myself & most of my mates use 'Essential rubber' on Downham Rd N1. They deal mainly in motorcycle tyres & can come up with some reasonably good deals. I've heard the mechanics ain't too bad either (no i don't work for them). For MOT's I usually use 'Dalston motorcycles' on Kingsland rd N1 (just off Balls pond rd). Keeps everything sort of local, despite me living about 5 miles away from that locality.

Thanks Dan, all of those are really near me! Will keep that in mind next time!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online