Hello to all fellow trend setters and custom cruizers

EvoOz
This post is 5842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. Just dropping in to say G'day to all the gang, and good to read the posts here!.

I'v just bought a new 08 xvs custom to run about on. I'v just done the run north on the,

east coast of Oz and have to say, It does perform very well!. Its very comfy to ride over long distances,

and cruizes very well. all in all, the bike is very nice for the money!. Only thing I dont understand is,

why this model didnt come with a fuel guage and tacho, a fuel guage would have been hand for the long trips.

the only things I plan to do to it are, change the blinkers for some nice custom little HD blinkers, fit a nice wide,

set of western handle bars and like many others on this forum I'll change the pipes, the type of pipes I havn't,

decided on yet, and last but not least I'll be repainting to get rid of the cheap looking flame decals and do some nice,

airbrush work also yet to be decided. once again all in all great scoot and I'll give it a 9 out of ten because it don't,

have a gas guage. Nice to meet up with you all, be cool everyone and ride safe!

EvoOz

Picture%20201.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Only thing I dont understand is,

why this model didnt come with a fuel guage and tacho, a fuel guage would have been hand for the long trips.

Because pretty little Cruiser-Boys (and Girls) just know their tank range, look at the mileage and refuel before it gets too high :D

Tacho?

Must be what Aussies call a Rev Counter.....

Don't need a Tacho, mate - Cruisers just need LOUD exhausts and LOUD engines. You learn the shift points and power bands from the sound the engine makes.

If it grumbles like a tractor, you're probably in Neutral or moving too slow for the selected gear.

If it growls and purrs like a horny tiger or a Spitfire aircraft, you're fine.

If it screams like a lion that caught it's danglies on a cactus, time to shift up!!

I think you can get an aftermarket Tacho added.

Dunno about a fuel gauge, though.

Half the people that have them on other bikes don't trust 'em anyway.

Congrats on the fantastic choice of bike though!!

And welcome to the Pretty-Boy Cruiser Gang - "All the women want us, all the guys want to be us"!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online