yamaha r6r immobiliser system

mat4
This post is 5352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was wondering just how the system works for the immobiliser on the 2006 r6r. The system comprises an ignition barrel with a built in reader that reads the key and an ECU. My main question is can the seporate parts of the system be replaced seporately or does the whole system have to be replaced if at fault, thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was wondering just how the system works for the immobiliser on the 2006 r6r. The system comprises an ignition barrel with a built in reader that reads the key and an ECU. My main question is can the seporate parts of the system be replaced seporately or does the whole system have to be replaced if at fault, thanks.

when i brought my 08 r6 i was told if i lost keys the ECU had to be replaced and get keys to suit new ECU, if you still got red key you can still get new key cut and re-coded, as far a i know the barrel would have to be replaced as well to fit the new keys!

when i brought my 08 r6 i was told if i lost keys the ECU had to be replaced and get keys to suit new ECU, if you still got red key you can still get new key cut and re-coded, as far a i know the barrel would have to be replaced as well to fit the new keys!

Thanks, unfortunatly when I bought the bike the guy I bought it from only had the one standard key and no red key and now that Ime having problems with the immobiliser I have no way of trying the code re registering red key.

I have however found a company called track electronics who can sell me a chipped ECU that is the same as the standard one but without the yamaha immobiliser system for around £200 so unless I can sort the problem myself I will go for that.

• 1 year later...

Thanks, unfortunatly when I bought the bike the guy I bought it from only had the one standard key and no red key and now that Ime having problems with the immobiliser I have no way of trying the code re registering red key.

I have however found a company called track electronics who can sell me a chipped ECU that is the same as the standard one but without the yamaha immobiliser system for around £200 so unless I can sort the problem myself I will go for that.

Hi I have got the same problem as you had. . . I have just bought an R6 not realising I needed a red key and only being supplied with one black key.

How did you sort your problem out?? Did you get a chipped ecu from track electronics??

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Richie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online